01. Equipment Repair Reimbursement Process
The following is the reimbursement process for BBE Facility Operators of qualified costs for equipment repairs. All qualified costs for equipment repairs must be paid in full by the BBE Facility Operator before submitting the Reimbursement Request documents to the Department of Education, Division of Blind Services (DBS), DBS Fiscal Section.
02. Required Registrations by the State of Florida
To do business with the State of Florida, all vendors must complete the following registrations and keep them updated as necessary.
- MyFloridaMarketPlace (MFMP) Registration: Before a reimbursement request is submitted, the BBE Facility Operator must have registered their company with MFMP located at the following web address: https://vendor.myfloridamarketplace.com. It is the responsibility of the BBE Facility Operator to keep their MFMP registration current and correct to avoid delays in processing a request for reimbursement. For help contact: MFMP Vendor Registration Customer Service at 866-352-3776.
- The information provided on the Reimbursement Request Form 702 must match the registered information of the Business Enterprise Facility Operator’s company as registered on MFMP.
- The BBE Facility Operator’s company name must appear in the remittance address when registering on MFMP.
- Florida Substitute W-9 Form: The Florida Department of Financial Services (DFS) requires vendors to have a valid Florida Substitute W9 on file before funds will be released for applicable payments. The Form W-9 can be submit/updated electronically at https://flvendor.myfloridacfo.com. If help is needed, with the Substitute W9 registration process, call the DFS Vendor Management Section at: 850-413-5519.
- Direct Deposit: All BBE Facility Operators are encouraged to apply for direct deposits with the DFS at the following web address: http://www.myfloridacfo.com/Division/AA/Vendors/default.htm. The required form is: DFS-A1-26E Direct Deposit-Vendors. For help or additional information call 850-413-5517.
03. Time Line to Process Reimbursement Request
After a reimbursement request packet is received in the DBS Fiscal Section and passes the DBS Fiscal Audit, the reimbursement process usually takes two to three weeks before a BBE Facility Operator can expect to receive an Electronic Funds Transfer (EFT) or four to five weeks to receive a warrant. Delays in the reimbursement process can occur with a reimbursement request when:
- The Reimbursement Request Packet fails the initial DBS Fiscal Audit and additional information and/or documentation is required.
- DFS pulled the Reimbursement Request Packet for an additional audit.
- Delays will occur during the State of Florida’s fiscal year closeout and start up for the next fiscal year. The state’s fiscal year ends on June 30th and the next fiscal year starts on July 1st. This process can take up to three weeks to close out the books for the past year and open the books for the current year.
04. Deadline to Request a Reimbursement
The DBS, Business Enterprise Program Operator needs to keep in mind the following time line.
- There is a 60 day deadline to Request a Reimbursement. All reimbursement requests must reach the DBS, Fiscal Section before the date on the invoice reaches the 60 day deadline.
- The 60 day deadline starts the 1st dof the following month of the rendered service(s). For example, if a repair was made on any day in January, the first day of the 60 day deadline for submitting the request would start on February 1st.
05. Repair costs over $400.00 and/or $1,000.00
Regional Consultant must be contacted by the BBE Facility Operator before costs over $400.00 are incurred and receive approval for the equipment to be repaired.
- All repair costs of $400.00 or more must have the BBE Regional Consultant’s approval prior to services being completed.
- All repair costs of $1,000.00 or more must have the BBE Regional Consultant’s approval and they must be able to justify the expenditures for payment by a Miscellaneous Invoice Transmittal (MIT).
The DBS Fiscal Section will contact the respective BBE Regional Consultant and request the necessary documentation statement when a request meets the $400.00 or $1,000.00 threshold. When approval is received from the BBE Regional Consultant, the documentation will become part of the reimbursement packet.
NOTE: Efforts to circumvent the required notification to the BBE Regional Consultant may result in a delay or denial of the request for reimbursement.
06. Reimbursement Request Packet Requirements
- All request for repair reimbursements must be completed and submitted to the DBS State Office, Fiscal Section, before the invoice reaches the sixty days cutoff.
- It is the responsibility of the BBE Facility Operator to keep their MFMP registration current and correct to avoid delays in processing a request for reimbursement.
- It is the responsibility of the BBE Facility Operator to ensure that all required information and documents are complete, correct and attached before a Reimbursement Request is submitted for processing.
- The Reimbursement Request Packet must always contain the following documents:
- Reimbursement Request Form DBS 702 (Rev. 07-16), After October 30, 2016 only this request form will be acceptable.
- Original Invoice
- Proof of Payment
- To significantly reduce the time needed to receive the requested reimbursement, a Reimbursement Request Packet needs:
- To be completed with no errors.
- To be submitted via e-mail to BBE.Reimbursements@dbs.fldoe.org.
- The BBE Facility Operator to have registered for Direct Deposit.
07. Submitting a Reimbursement Request Packet
There are two ways to submit the completed Reimbursement Request Packet
- E-mail – BBE Facility Operators are encouraged to participate in and use the E-mail Reimbursement Request System.
- Send the request packet to the e-mail address of BBE.Reimbursements@dbs.fldoe.org.
- In the e-mail’s Subject Line, include the Invoice Number to assist in quick referencing.
- In body of the e-mail, include the Invoice Number, the BBE Facility Operator’s name, and include any additional notes necessary for clarification to assist in processing the request when needed.
- Ground Mail – Send the completed Reimbursement Request Packet to:
Department of Education (DBS)
Division of Blind Services
Office of the Comptroller, DBS Fiscal Section
Suite 924, Turlington Building
325 West Gaines Street
Tallahassee, FL 32399-04000
08. DBS Fiscal Section Audit
All received Reimbursement Request will be audited by the DBS Fiscal Section. All information reported on the Reimbursement Request Form 702, Invoice and proof of payment must agree. This information must also agree with information listed on the:
- BBE Property Tag List,
- BBE Facility Operator registration on MFMP, and
- BBE RSVP Database
When the Reimbursement Request Packet passes the DBS Fiscal Section Audit, a Miscellaneous Invoice Transmittal (MIT) form will be created and processed for payment.
09. Overcharges and Undercharges on Invoices
The BBE Facility Operator should check the math on an invoice to ensure the service provider did not make a mistake.
BBE tracks the cost for repairs associated with each machine. During the DBS Fiscal Section’s audit, the invoice is broken down. During this process, any math errors made by the service provider will be noted. The errors will show if the service provider overcharged or undercharged for the service. An e-mail will be sent to notify the BBE Facility Operator of the actual amount that will be refunded. The following guidelines are followed:
- When there is an overcharge for the services, the amount of the actual costs will be reimbursed. The BBE Facility Operator will be notified of the overcharged amount and that it is their responsibility to contact the service provider and request a refund.
- When there is an undercharge for the services, the amount that the BBE Facility Operator paid will be the amount refunded. The BBE Facility Operator will be notified only if there is a change to the amount requested to be refunded.
10. DBS Fiscal Section Audit Failures
When a Reimbursement Request Packet fails the DBS Fiscal Section Audit, the BBE Facility Operator will receive notification, by e-mail, from the DBS Fiscal Section. The notification will be sent using the e-mail address of BBE.Reimbursements@dbs.fldoe.org. This e-mail will state the cause of the request failure, the needed corrections required to complete the reimbursement payment process, and a due date. A copy of this notice will be sent to the appropriate Regional Consultant. This notification and any others will become part of the request packet. Failure to respond to a request for additional documentation and/or information deemed necessary to process the request for reimbursement may result in denial of the request.
- The first notice will be sent, by e-mail, when a request for reimbursement fails the DBS Fiscal Section audit.
- A second notice will be sent, by e-mail, fourteen days later if no response has been received from the BBE Facility Operator.
- The first Certified Mail notice will be sent thirty days after the date of the first notice if a reply has still not been received from the BBE Facility Operator. This notification will be sent by the Bureau of Business Enterprises, Bureau Chief.
- The Final Certified Mail notice for denial of a reimbursement will be sent ninety days after the date of the first notice, if a BBE Facility Operator does not respond to any of the first three notices sent. This notification will be sent by the Bureau of Business Enterprises, Bureau Chief.
11. Checking on Remittance Payments
This is an easy and convenient way for BBE Facility Operators to check on payments for a requested reimbursement.
Go to the State of Florida’s Chief Financial Officer, Florida Accounting Information Resource (FLAIR) web page at: https://flair.dbf.state.fl.us.
- At the top of the left column click Vendors.
- From the drop down menu select Payment History option.
- Enter the BBE Facility Operator Company’s FEID number in the top box.
- Select the Beginning Month to start the search in.
- Select the Desired Year.
- Refine the search by chose the active department of “480000 DEPARTMENT OF EDUCATION”.
- Select the Submit button. A list of the remittances will be displayed.
- For additional information on a specific payment, select any of the details printed in blue under the column titles of PAYMENT NUMBER or INVOICE AMOUNT.
12. Tracking the Reimbursement Payment
To track the payment of a Reimbursement, the BBE Facility Operator is advised to create a tracking system to ensure that all qualifying requests for reimbursements are received.
- The first step is to create a table to track submitted invoices. The row headers needed for this table are:
- Invoice Number
- Company Name of the service provider
- Invoice Date
- Invoice Amount
- Request for Reimbursement Date Sent
- Date Refund Received.
- When a request passes the DBS Fiscal Section Audit, the BBE Facility Operator can expect to receive the payment somewhere between three to five weeks after submission of the request.
- If there is a question about a reimbursement payment, the BBE Facility Operator must first follow the instructions listed in “Checking on Remittance Payments.”
- When the payment information is not available on the “Payment History” web page, then a BBE Facility Operator will need the “Invoice Number” and “FEID for the BBE Facility Operator” to request a search be completed by the DBS Fiscal Section.
13. Instructions to complete the Reimbursement Request Form 702
- Download Reimbursement Request Form 702.
- Print clearly or type the information requested in the provided spaces on the Reimbursement Request Form 702 (Rev. 07-16).
- A master reimbursement request form can be created by completing lines 1 to 6 and then saving the document. When a reimbursement request form is needed, the master can be recalled and lines 7 to 12 can then be completed for each reimbursement request. All information is audited by the DBS Fiscal Section and must be correct before the request will be processed for payment.
- A separate Reimbursement Request form must be used for each invoice that is submitted. To complete the Reimbursement Request form, the following lines must be completed:
|1||BBE Operator’s Name – The first and last names or the BBE Facility Operator holding the Licensed Operator Facility Agreement (LOFA).|
|2||BBE Operator’s Company Name – The BBE Facility Operator’s company name as it is registered with MFMP.|
|3||FEID Number – The Federal Employer Identification Number (FEID) as registered with MFMP. If a BBE Facility Operator does not have a FEID number then they must use their personal Social Security Number.|
|4||Contact Phone Number – Daytime phone number at which the BBE Operator can be reached during normal business hours of 8:00 AM – 5:00 PM.|
|5||BBE Region Number – The BBE Region Number in which the facility is assigned and correlates to the BBE Regional Consultant. This number is different than the District Number assigned to each District Representation who services on the Operator’s Committee. If unsure of the Regions Number contact your BBE Regional Consultant.|
|6||BBE Facility Number – The BBE Facility Number assigned to a specific facility that the operator holds the LOFA for.|
|7||Service Provider’s Company Name – The name of the company that provided the repair service and/or parts.|
|8||Invoice Number – The unique number printed on the original invoice. Only report one invoice per request form. The word “INVOICE” must be on the document to qualify as an original invoice|
|9||State Equipment Tag Inventory Number – The tag number from the State Equipment Inventory Decal attached to a specific piece of equipment. All of the Inventory Tag Numbers listed on an invoice must also be reported on this line
NOTE: BBE tracks the equipment repair costs; and therefore, they must be correctly reported on the request form.
|10||Total Reimbursement Amount – The total amount requested for reimbursement. This amount must match with the amount listed on the PROOF OF PAYMENT document|
|11-14 Proof of Payment: All financial institution documentation for proof of payment must show the source of the document’s origination. It is the responsibility of the BBE Facility Operator to redact any financial information that is deemed unnecessary to request for reimbursement purposes. Check the box (lines 11 to 14) that refers to the document submitted for the proof of payment.|
|11||A receipt from the service provider for cash received, dated, and signed by the service provider.|
|12||A copy of the canceled check (both front and back).|
|13||A copy of the bank, debit or credit statement with the appropriate payment highlighted.|
|14||A copy of an Electronic Funds Transfer (EFT) document showing that the funds have been transferred to the service provider.|
|15-16 "I confirm with my signature that the required information on this form is correct; the original invoice and the proof of payment documents are attached.”|
|15||Requires BBE Operator Signature. When submitting the reimbursement packet by e-mail, a typed or written signature will be accepted. When the reimbursement packet is submitted by ground mail the BBE Facility operator must sign with their written signature.|
|16||Date signed. The date that the BBE Facility Operator signed the Reimbursement Request Form.|
14. Original Invoice Requirements
- An original invoice document from the company providing service must have the following company’s information printed on it:
- Company name
- Company address
- Company phone number
- The word “INVOICE"
- A unique invoice number
- Date of service
- Signature or Initialed by the Technician performing the repair.
- State Inventory Tag Number(s) If the equipment does not have a tag number a brief description of the equipment is repaired.
- Description of repairs or service.
- Cost of repair stated for each piece of equipment repaired.
- Math on the Invoice: Must be correct to pass the DBS Fiscal Section Audit. If there is a math error, on the invoice one of the following actions will take place:
- When the error cannot be resolved during the audit, the BBE Facility Operator will receive a notice stating that they need to contact the service provider provide and request a corrected invoice.
- If there is an overcharged or underpayment the BBE Facility Operator will be sent a notice stating the amount they will receive as reimbursement.
- Tax Rate when charged on the invoice: The tax rate for the State of Florida is between 6% and 7.5%. A tax rate over 7.5% will be questioned and may be returned to the BBE Facility Operator for correction. It will be the BBE Facility Operator’s responsibility to obtain any refund for the over charge of tax form the service provider.
- To determine the correct tax rate for repairs at an BBE Facility go the following web page and search by city: http://www.taxrates.com/state-rates/florida/cities/
- Below are examples of documents that do not qualify as an invoice:
- Packing Slip or List
- Bill Summary
- Work order
- Ticket Summary
15. Proof of Payment Requirements
The Proof of Payment must be provided by the BBE Facility Operator in one of the following accepted forms of documentation and affixed to the Reimbursement Request Packet:
- A copy of the canceled check (front and back).
- A copy of the bank statement with the appropriate payment highlighted.
- A copy of the debit or credit card statement with the appropriate payment highlighted.
- A copy of an EFT document showing that the funds have been transferred to the service provider.
- An original invoice showing that the total amount due is ZERO.
- A separate receipt form the service provider for cash received.
- A notation on the invoice that states the following:
- “PAID IN FULL,” “CASH”
- the amount received in cash
- the signed of the service provider
- the date received.
All financial institution documentation for proof of payment must show the source of the documents origination.
It is the responsibility of the Facility Operator to redact any financial information that is deemed unnecessary to request for reimbursement.
16. Reasons that will result in a denial of a request for reimbursement
- When an invoice is over the $400.00 and/or $1,000.00 threshold and the Regional Consultant was unaware of the incurred cost and does not provide the authorization/justification.
- The BBE Facility Operator does not respond to a request for addition information and/or documentation deemed necessary to process the request for reimbursement.
17. Web Page Addresses
Download: Reimbursement Request Form 702.
Florida Substitute W-9 Form: https://flvendor.myfloridacfo.com
Direct Deposit: http://www.myfloridacfo.com/Division/AA/Vendors/default.htm
Checking on Remittance Payments: https://flair.dbf.state.fl.us
Tax rates by Florida cities: http://www.taxrates.com/state-rates/florida/cities/
Submitted request via e-mail: BBE.Reimbursements@dbs.fldoe.org