Friends of the Library
Friends of Library Access, Inc. is a nonprofit corporation that was established to assist:
- Florida's Bureau of Braille and Talking Books Library,
- the network of cooperating libraries, and
- persons who are unable to use standard print because of vision loss, physical impairment, or reading disability.
During the past ten years, Friends of Library Access, Inc. has purchased and donated supplies and equipment, including:
- many rewinders for use in the Cassette Inspection Unit;
- computers and software for Braille production and Computer Services;
- partial funding of volunteer appreciation activities;
- items needed for book and magazine recording and duplicating, and repair of cassette players; and
- descriptive videos for loan.
Funds received from dues ($10.00 per year for an individual annual membership, $50.00 per year for a supporting member, or $200.00 for a lifetime membership) and generous donations enable Friends of Library Access, Inc. to continue purchasing equipment and supporting various projects.
A second objective is to help with public education and outreach efforts. Members can promote the Braille and Talking Books Library program in local communities so that all eligible Florida residents are aware of available services.
You can join or renew by completing the Application Renewal Form - rich text format or contact the Library to learn more.