Welcome to the See Different archives. Here you will find MP4 videos from our past presentations. If you want to watch a video, you will need to download it first. The process is very simple:
- Right click on the link and select "Save Target As" or "Save Link As."
- You will get a file navigation box that will let you choose a location to save the video.
- Navigate to the location where you want to save it and select "OK" or "Save."
- Go to the location where you saved the video and double click on the file or press <enter> to play it.
We hope you enjoy these presentations!
Aired: Tuesday, June 7, 2022, at 11 a.m. (EST)
Do you or someone you know love books and/or magazines but struggle to read, hold, or see traditional print comfortably? The Florida Division of Blind Services’ See Different Team presents Read Different, a virtual presentation on the benefits of joining the Florida Braille and Talking Book Library--a free lending library--and accessing its many audible and Braille resources.
This info-packed presentation included:
- The variety of books and magazines available (2.4+ million items)
- Demonstrations of available Library equipment for reading
- Smartphone apps for downloading talking books and reading
- Information on the annual Summer Reading Program for early readers, youth, and adults.
- Clarification about print disability, who qualifies, and how to sign up
Fitness Made Fun
Aired: August 24, 2021 at 12:00 noon
The Fitness Made Fun event provided information on some easy-to-do exercises, physical health tips, useful resources for persons with disabilities, and firsthand testimonies from people who put this into practice.
People who joined us:
- Learned about technology that levels the playing field for blind/visually impaired persons to stay active and get fit,
- Received information about organizations offering accessible, inclusive recreation for all and how they can get involved and benefit,
- Heard real life accounts of how unique partnerships between blind and sighted can enhance the quality of life for both,
- Took away tips and tricks to help them stay flexible and feel confident in getting and staying fit and;
- Had the opportunity to ask questions.
Lunch and Listen: Holiday Edition
Aired: December 16, 2020 at 12:00 noon
The DBS See Different Team is a group that creates educational and interactive opportunities to teach the public about blindness and visual impairments.
This event celebrated the many talents of our clients and staff here at DBS and brought some holiday joy to those who attended. People who joined us:
- Got to spend their lunch break listening to and watching some amazingly talented DBS staff and clients,
- Helped our judges decide the 3 winners, and
- Experienced some holiday cheer!
White Cane Awareness Day Walk Along
Aired: October 15, 2020 at 11:00 a.m.
This webinar celebrated and brought awareness to the symbol of independence that the white cane represents for blind and visually impaired individuals. The event also educated drivers and pedestrians on the laws designed to protect them and our communities. People who joined us:
- Heard testimonials from people who are blind or visually impaired and their experiences with driver safety,
- Got to walk alongside the DBS See Different Team as they showed us how to use a white cane, dog guide, and technology to travel independently, and
- Had the opportunity to be a part of a live Question and Answer session where they asked the team questions they had about the white cane law, dog guides, accessible technology, and more!
Accessible Voting 101 Webinar
Aired: October 1, 2020 at 11:00 a.m.
This event was a non-partisan webinar designed to reach blind or visually impaired potential voters with available ways to cast a private, independent, and verifiable vote. The event covered avenues those who are blind or visually impaired may employ to cast their vote. It demonstrated the use of accessible voting equipment available at the polls or the local Supervisor of Election's office, and previewed upcoming accessible Vote By Mail software.