- The Accessible Documents page gives you information about how to make your word processing accessible to blind and visually impaired users. Links are included to various sources of information that deal with specific file types.
- The Assistive Technology section will inform you about the various devices and software available to help blind people live fulfilling and more independent lives.
- The Blindness Organizations section lists organizations and associations devoted to assisting and advocating for people who are blind and/or visually impaired.
- The Blindness Websites section will point you to other blindness related websites. You will find an extensive list of categories that cover everything from where to buy assistive technology to blind sports and computer games for blind people.
- The Guide Dog FAQs page answers some common questions people have about guide dogs and how to behave around them.
- The Guide Dog Schools page lists the schools in the United States that train and place guide dogs with blind partners.
- The Legal Resources section will point you to key federal laws and regulations, Florida statutes, and the Florida Administrative Code that are beneficial to persons who are blind or visually impaired.
- The See Different Initiative helps people to see blindness from a different perspective through interactive forums where individuals who are blind and visually impaired are hosting activities to show, not just tell, how they have overcome barriers to independence.
- The Special Populations College Services Resource Guide will help you find resources available to individuals with disabilities and Veterans at Florida’s 28 state colleges.
There's a lot here to look through. We hope you find it instructive and helpful!