- Disability Rights Florida 1-800-342-0823 or 1800-346-4127 (TDD)
- National Federation of the Blind (NFB) www.nfb.org
- American Council for the Blind (ACB) www.acb.org
- American Printing House for the Blind (APH) www.aph.org
- Hadley School for the Blind www.hadley.edu
- National Rehabilitation Association (NRA) www.nationalrehab.org
- Centers for Independent Living (CIL) www.floridacils.org
- Commission on Rehabilitation Counselor Commission http://crccertification.com/
- Division of Vocational Rehabilitation (DVR) can assist with clients who may only have a unilateral eye condition. We can also have dual cases on deaf/blind clients, as well as clients with other dual diagnosis.
- Knights Templar is an organization that may be able to assist with eye medical surgeries. Contact your local representative http://www.knightstemplar.org/ktef/nr.html
- Lions Club may also be able to assist with eye glasses, some eye medical, etc. Contact your local group
- Learning Ally (forming known as RFB&D or Recordings for the Blind and Dyslexic) www.learningally.org
DISCLAIMER: Links on the Florida Division of Blind Services (DBS) website that are directed toward websites outside the DBS, provide additional information that may be useful or interesting and are being provided consistent with the intended purpose of the DBS website. DBS cannot attest to the accuracy of information provided by non-DBS websites. Further, providing links to a non-DBS website does not constitute an endorsement by DBS, the Florida Department of Education or any of its employees, of the sponsors of the non-DBS website or of the information or products presented on the non-DBS website.