Last Update: May 2016
The Mission of the Vocational Rehabilitation Program is to provide opportunities for individuals who are blind and visually impaired, enabling them to improve and develop skills necessary for obtaining or maintaining employment.
Vocational Rehabilitation Processes
The process begins when an individual needs services and has learned about DBS through various outreach activities that have been done in the community.
The individual submits an application for services. Next the referral is processed and appropriate assessments are completed.
If the individual is determined eligible, an individualized plan for success is developed by client and counselor. Services are coordinated and implemented. Once services are completed, job placement activities are performed to assist the client in finding employment. Once the client is employed, the case is closed successfully and the client’s rights and an explanation of Post-Employment services are provided.
If the client is not found eligible after the assessment, the client’s case is closed with the reason for ineligibility and the client’s rights are provided.
All DBS Policies can be located on the DBS Website at: https://dbs.fldoe.org/Leadership/Policies/index.html.
All DBS Forms can be obtained by contacting your local DBS office.
Table of Contents
- Quick Reference Guide
- 1.0 - Processing Referrals and Applications
- 2.0 - Assessment for Determining Eligibility for Services
- 3.0 - Ineligibility Determination
- 4.0 - Development of the Individualized Plan for Employment CFR 361.45
- 5.0 - The Individualized Plan for Employment
- 6.0 - Record of Services
- 7.0 - Scope of Vocational Rehabilitation Services
- 8.0 - Comparable Services and Benefits CFR 34 361.53 (Policy 6.11)
- 9.0 - Fiscal Procedures
- 10.0 - Clients Determined to Have Achieved an Employment Outcome CFR 34 361.56
- 11.0 - Review of Division of Blind Services Personnel Determinations and Consumer Rights Notification
- 12.0 - Vocational Rehabilitation Documentation Format Outlines
- 13.0 - Bureau of Business Enterprise: Business Enterprise Program - Referral, Training and Placement Phases
- Vocational Rehabilitation Definitions