Facility Vacancy Announcement
Facility Number: 608
Committee District: 3
Type and Location: Non-Highway Vending Route, Gainesville and Lake City
Reported Sales: $186,916 (July 1, 2021 – June 30, 2022)
Staffing: Operator plus one full-time employee/driver.
Operational Hours: 24 hours, 7 days a week
Services & Products: Typical Vending Machine Fare & an unmanned micromarket
Vending Machines: 22 snack machines and 32 drink machines & 1 dollar bill changer. All vending machines are equipped with credit card readers.
Accessibility: This facility is located on property, which is ADA compliant. Public Transportation and special community based transportation for persons with disabilities are available.
Special Information or Requirements:
- Incoming vendor will be required to continue any forms of payment (card readers, etc.) currently utilized at the facility and set up related accounts, as well as provide those forms of payment on any future locations or machines, as deemed appropriate by the Division.
- A vehicle and additional background checks are required for the servicing of this route
- There is on-site storage available on the Tacachale campus.
- There is limited on-site storage available at the Lake City DOT, including a refrigerator and freezer.
- There are 21 locations on this vending route, 11 of which are located on the Tacachale campus, 4 additional in Gainesville and 6 in Lake City.
- Several locations have a commission due to the property owner:
- DOT Materials Office – Gainesville - 10% commission on net sales paid to this account.
- DOT Operations Office – Gainesville - 10% commission on net sales paid to this account.
- DOT Headquarters Micromarket & Vending - 5% commission on net sales paid to this account.
- There is a canteen located on the Tacachale campus, which is operated by the Agency for Persons with Disabilities. They sell competing products, such as bottled sodas and chips.
Business Enterprise Consultant: Bernie Kaiserian
Email: Bernie.Kaiserian@dbs.fldoe.org Telephone: (904) 348-2730
Committee District Representative: Mitzi Bowen
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org Telephone: (321) 217-6783
Availability Projection: January 1, 2023. Exact date to be negotiated by the Consultant with outgoing and incoming vendors.
Absolute Deadline: All applications for any or all of the posted business opportunities must be received by the Bureau of Business Enterprise in Tallahassee no later than Friday, September 30, 2022, without exception. A post mark is not considered as the receipt date. You will be notified by email once your application is received.