Collaborative Summer Library Program 2022:
Oceans of Possibilities
Welcome everyone to the Florida Braille and Talking Book Library Summer Reading program! We are very happy to have you participate!
This year, we have oceans of engaging books, oceans of enjoyable activities, and oceans of fun! But our theme is not just water, fish, coral reefs, pirates, etc. It’s about expanding your mind. It's about imagination and stories. It's fun! It's exciting! It's Oceans of Possibilities!
To find out how it all works, click on either the overview for kids/teens link or the overview for adults link on the menu to the left. And don't forget, we have fun activities and reading incentives too! This is going to be a great summer reading experience!
Summer Reading Extended out until August 15!
Due to some late signups and increased interest in the program, we are delighted to announce that we are extending the program for another two weeks!
You can look forward to having more time to complete the first few weeks’ worth of activities and books OR stay tuned for some new activities and book selections for the final weeks!
Don’t forget to email in your book count and pictures of activities you complete!
Maureen, your librarian
Extra Weeks, Extra Books
- Lockhart, Lynne N. and Barbara M. Lockhart. Rambling Raft, 1989. (DBC12315)
- McAnulty, Stacy. Ocean!: Waves for Us All, 2020. (DB 107547)
- Phung, Nguyen Quang. First Journey, 2021. (BR 23727)
- Pincus, Meeg. Ocean Soup: a recipe for you, me, and a cleaner sea, 2021. (BR 23896)
- Shahan, Sherry. Meet the Marine Iguana: Halfway between the North and South Poles Live Lizards that Eat Only from the Sea, 2019. (DB 107142)
- French, Jess. Earth’s Incredible Oceans, 2021. (DB 104065)
- Griffith, Evan. Secrets of the Sea: the Story of Jeanne Power, Revolutionary Marine Scientist, 2021. (DB 105131)
- Johnson, Terry Lynn. Overboard!: Survivor Diaries, 2017. (BR 22346)
- Monroe, Mary Alice. The Islanders, 2021. (DB 104413)
- Baby Professor (Firm). What Can You See at the Bottom of the Sea?: a Journey to the Mariana Trench Grade 5, 2021. (DB 106717)
- Castaldo, Nancy F. When the World Runs Dry: Earth’s Water in Crisis, 2022. (DB 106884)
- Hiaasen, Carl. Flush, 2005. (BR 17107, DB 60792, Spanish DB 106224)
- Mone, Gregory. Fish, 2010. (BR 19248)
- Philbrick, W.R. The Young Man and the Sea, 2004. (BR 15305, DB 57859)
- Stringfellow, Lisa. A Comb of Wishes, 2022. (DB 107589)
- Braswell, Liz. Part of Your World: a Twisted Tale, 2018. (DB 99435)
- Corbin, Bret. The Pirates of Dingley Dell: a True Swashbuckling Adventure at a Vermont Boys’ Camp, 2015. (DBC17241)
- Fama, Elizabeth. Monstrous Beauty, 2012. (DB 101601)
- Lee, C.B. A Clash of Steel: a Treasure Island Remix, 2021. (DB 105191)
- Napoli, Donna Jo. Sirena, 1998. (BR 12571)
- Evans, Siân. Maiden Voyages: Magnificent Ocean Liners and the Women who Traveled and Worked Aboard Them, 2021. (DB 107217)
- Ogden, Aimee. Sun-daughters, Sea-daughters, 2021. (BR 23760, DB 104380)
- Smith, Bren. Eat Like a Fish: My Adventures as a Fisherman Turned Restorative Ocean Farmer, 2020. (DB 102154)
- Swift, Earl. Chesapeake Requiem: A Year with the Watermen of Vanishing Tangier Island, 2018. (DB 93609)
- Tsui, Bonnie. Why We Swim, 2020. (BR 23372, DB 99409)
- Van Pelt, Shelby. Remarkably Bright Creatures, 2022. (BR 24204 in process, DB 107924)